CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fruits! AND Vegetables!

In case you didn't know (have you not met me????) I am vegetarian and I love cooking and food--it helps that my boyfriend is a chef, so I get hyper about things that most people couldn't care less about. Like: FARMERS MARKETS!!!! Whoo-hoo!! Seriously, my favorite way to spend the day starts out with the farmers market, especially the one Ventura hosts downtown on Saturday mornings. I love making my way around all the booths on my first lap, checking out produce and prices and making sure my favorite farmer peeps are there. On my second lap I get down to business, chatting with the farmers about their farming practices (organic much preferred, but I like to patronize the smaller farms that practice organic methods and aren't able to afford the intensive organic certification process) and feeling up their yummy produce. There's something very comforting about knowing who did what to your food and making an informed decision about what to purchase. Anyhoo, I have pics of my new favorite shopping tote and all the fabulous fruit and veg I picked up!

Fricking awesome shopping tote, from www.herbivoreclothing.com LOVE THEM

Fresh produce makes me happyyyyyyyyy!!

0 comments: